Beach Trip

The weekend forecast sent this girl racing to the Oregon Coast! Pacific City is a great central location for coastal exploration. Friday night I drove North through fog and mist quick as I could for some sunset pics from Cape Lookout State Park. It is a very nice park on the beach with picnic tables and camping.


Sunset from Cape Lookout

I made an attempt to see the ghost forest in Neskowin beach on Saturday. Unfortunately the tide was up and I could not cross the creek without getting very wet so I will have to go back another day.


Neskowin Beach

I finally drove myself up to the Munson Creek Falls trail, South of Tillamook. I've been wanting to do that for years. They say this is the tallest waterfall in the Coast Range.It was a very short and easy walk from the parking area. One guide book told me that the 2nd largest sitka spruce would be there too. I couldn't find it. I think maybe it was cut down when they raped the rest of the surrounding forest here.


Base of Munson Falls


Munson Falls

Saturday was spent at a Lincoln City beach near Spanish Head. There was an awful lot of driftwood in this area. Humongous logs were on the beach. I wondered if maybe they had been lost off of a ship. I have been looking for the perfect piece of wood to make a sign out of. I found it here and carried it up the steep steps to my car.

Driftwood



I will router out the words "Sandi's Landing" in this piece of wood for installment at Mark's Lake in the Ochoco Mountains of Central Oregon.

I stayed at this beach for one more gorgeous sunset.



I keep trying to get one of those pics where I am holding the sun. I'll get it right one of these days.

It was a good, relaxing trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment